Friday, May 28, 2010

Free Knit Shrug Pattern




This is the first time I've written a pattern for anyone else other than myself.  It may make sense to me, and I sure hope it makes sense to you....If not let me know....

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in black....7 oz skein, I believe.  I used not even a whole skein ( about 2/3 of a skein at best guess).
Size 10 1/2 needles
Large eyed needle

No guage was used.

I had my husband measure my arms (outstretched) from mid-tricep to mid-tricep and he only gave me an estimate-25" or so...My length measures approx 27".  I usually wear a L/XL depending and this ended up more than generous...

I left a 24" tail and cast on 70 sts.

Rows 1-4  1x1 rib (k1, p1)
row 5   knit all
row 6   k2, yo, *k1, yo* to last two sts k2
row 7   k2, drop yo, *k1, drop yo* to last two sts k2
row 8   knit all
Repeat rows 6-8 until you reach deisred length for your arms and shoulders.
Repeat rows 1-4
Bind off knit-wise.

Sew up "sleeves" to where comfortable.  Mine are about 3-4".  Weave in ends (I knotted mine since this is such a loosely knit item)

This did not take me long to do.  It took less than 8 hrs (being generous here) over about 3 days time. 

The size is quite generous and allows me to roll a collar or drape more on the bottom. 




**This is my own pattern.  Any similarities to anyone elses pattern is coincidental and not intended.  You may use this pattern for free for your own use.  Do not sell this pattern or any articles made from this pattern ~ it's for your own use only.  Thank you.**

Let me know if you make one for yourself and how you like it.  Also, share any variation of stitches you use.  I have another one on the way!

No comments: