Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 2010 BJP completed


I wanted things simple for this month.  With my schedule winding down ~ finally ~ I wanted to do a page that was simple, that I could finish....on time!  I did this happy page in 2 days!  I could have done it in one, but...I got sidetracked a lot the first day....I'm trying to get to this happy, sunny, bright place and stay there....Once my schedule leaves me with more of that much needed free time ~ I will be there.

I tried more of an applique technique here.  I cut out the flowers and leaf from a piece of material I had from another project.  I began in the center of the large flower, then decided I needed to stuff it.  At the time, I could only grab a cotton ball (my stuffing was MIA from one of my kids doing their project for school)....Then I decided the center needed some fringe.  I wanted to stuff the whole flower as I went along, but that didn't work very well, so just kept on beading the outline.  The way the colors are on he flower, it almost looks stuffed anyway.  The small pink flower did find itself stuffed ~ with my now returned stuffing...

This month has been for the most part very bright, light and happy.  I plan on going with that as long as I can...I like it much better!  My schedule is lightening up and leaving me with some much needed free time as we get to the end of the month.  This has allowed me more time to get caught up on things around my house, and caused me to plan even more things to do around here!  HA  It will never end! And as long as I have the *free* time, I can be happy completing these things....

I hope you enjoy this page like I do!  I'm leaving it laying around the house so I can see it and be happy.  Even my babysitting kid likes to look at it and touch it....LOL

5 comments:

Cyndi L said...

"Happy" is exactly the right word! Lovely, light, and very very happy :-)

Anonymous said...

Unique combination of techniques with a very, very pretty result!

Robin said...

Yes! We do have happy going on here! Makes me happy too. Interesting to compare your April and March pieces... quite different, yet both recognizable as yours... Seems like April is your comfort zone, your public self; whereas March was more internal and private. Great that you can tap into both parts of yourself! Robin A.

Karin said...

It is "happy" indeed - congrats on the finish.

Kelly said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I fully enjoy beading happy than not. Still thinking what to do for June....I know I'll have time in the coming weeks to sit down and get it done ~ can't wait!