The clock represents the fact that it really is a time for a change with me. I realized I needed to do something different, when one of the parents informed me that in the Fall one of her daughters would be going to preschool. This will be a reduction in my pay. So, I needed to plan what to do about it. Getting a job would take forever for me in this market with my resume looking the way it does. At this same time, my oldest had declared she wanted to go to college to pursue a different carrer. BINGO! I had college classes! I wondered how many would transfer at this late stage....time to find out! I was on a mission!
I left the clock floating and the piece not totally encrusted (looking unfinished) because: 1) the waiting involved in finding out what I could do after so many years away from school. 2) the schooling that I left unfinished. 3) The waiting I still have to endure to find out if all I have planned will actually be able to happen (financial aid, scheduling, and hoefully when the parents find out what my plans are, they will not go off to find a new sitter until I'm done with school ~ I havent' told them yet of these plans).
I chose the colors to coordinate with the clock. I originally was going to use the turquoise for the whole thing, but a song was stuck in my head from the moment I came up with my theme...."Time for Change" by the Brady Kids...the episode where Peter's voice changes ~ anyone remember that? This song was stuck in my head the WHOLE time I stitched this piece and left me smiling ~ ENJOY!!!
I finally got an OK picture (replacing the bad one I had). Enjoy!!!! I'm off to get July's going.
5 comments:
Oh great...now you've got the Brady Bunch theme song stuck in my head!! LOL!! What a nice piece you did to represent a transition in your life :-)
i like the design of this one quite a lot. Nice piece!!
Yes, the picture is a bit out of focus, yet the charm of your "Time for Change" is totally evident! How did you make the clock? It's super. I love the border around the clock and the way it moves out into the "unfinished" area, just the way time always does.
I soooooooooooooooooooo wish you all the best with your plans for change!!!!
Robin A.
Thanks everyone!
Sorry Cyndi....I had it the whole time. The song kinda fit this...well, part of it did. LOL
Robin, all I did was print the clip art on regualr paper and I glued it to the marble using E6000 (which I use for everything). I then glued that to my backing and began stitching.
I neglected to mention the clock hands around the clock signify different things that are changing from me returning to school.
Thanks for looking and commenting! You've all made my day a little brighter ~ no pun intended....
Beautiful and so creative, especially the way you incorporated the clock and the change/time theme!
Post a Comment