Last March I beaded my own little "Pot 'O Gold" and spoke about not ever having found one at the end of the rainbow, thus, no rainbow, and about having to really watch my money. Over the last year, I've come to realize we all have our own "Pot 'O Gold" right under our noses! Yes, we do! Our pots aren't always filled with gold as we know gold to be. That "pot" doesn't really have anything to do with money. Our pots are filled with family, friends and our possessions ( food, clothing and shelter etc...). Over the past year, I've learned these are my gold pieces. How silly to think otherwise! But, that's me sometimes, silly. All I had to do was look in the mirror and see what I have!
The mirror is added to make me see what I have (and the camera lens in the mirror is the eye). I didn't have much in the way of gold beads to "cab" this properly so I used what I had. I chose the clover shape for St. Patrick's Day symbolism (we are a little bit Irish) and outlined it in a rainbow of colors instead of a flat out rainbow. Rainbows make me happy ~ I love to find them with my kids after a good storm! I made it simple (just an outline) because this was so simple to realize that what I've got fills my Pot just fine for me.
I've been so blessed with all I've ever had, so blessed with all I have now, and will be so blessed with what I'll have in the future. I really couldn't ask for more!
Enjoy!
9 comments:
What a great interpretation, and so appropriate for us all!
Oh, and no one is a "little bit" Irish! LOL
Very nice...less is more and this piece fits that perfectly! I really like the center!
Lovely in it's simplicity, and I always love mirrors.
Love shamrocks..like how you did a rainbow effect..I am irish!!! with a bit o' swede lol
Very cool, Kelly.
Your interpretation of the pot of gold is what I learned several years ago. That when I stopped wishing for bigger and better and became more aware of the blessings around me.
This is a feel good page.
BTW, I claim no Irish blood, but I don't dare go without green on St. Pats day. After all, they dye the river in Chicago!!
Delightful, Kelly... you, your shamrock, your interpretation of the pot o gold!!! I love the simplicity of this piece, made memorable by the rainbow outline. Very clever! I'm not sure what is in the center... you mentioned mirror, eye and lens... What is it? In the picture it definitely looks like an eye... Enigmatic and lovely!
Robin A
great thoughts on the pot of gold we all have right in front of us. love the rainbow outline. your stitching is so perfect, too. wish i could do that! super little piece you have done!
Everyone is Irish come St Patrick's Day...even me, without a drop of Irish blood. I love your outlook on the gold in our lives ;-)
I love the rainbow shamrock! What a great idea. And this simple little piece does indeed "feel good." Great job!
Post a Comment