Happy New Year! Here's hoping that all good things come your way!
I stopped making resolutions for myself a few years back. Though, not to be "left out" in the "I'm going to..." part of it, I prefer to challenge myself. Each year I try a new challenge. Last year was to be more positive. I succeeded to a point and did fall away from that on occasion, but all in all, I'm proud of myself! The year before that was to start taking better care of me. Didn't do too bad there either, I learned to find time for myself and enjoy that free time I found doing things for me.
This year I would like to invite everyone to join me in the challenge. The challenge I gave myself is.....*drum roll please*....To learn one new thing a month. It can be anything big or small! What counts is that it's new to you. Each month, one new thing. Now, if you care to accept this challenge, and I hope you do, please add in the comments section of this post:: your challenge for yourself this month and what you may or may not have gotten out of it. Each month I will post my challenge and in that comments section post yours. (I'd set it up for you to post your own, but I'm not ready for that challenge yet ~ maybe next month?)
This month, I'm going to learn how to do different cable stitches in knitting. I'm not new to knitting, by any means, but being taught only one stich at a young age and not doing any knitting again for many many years, then picking it up and re-learning (on my own)....well, for me I had some difficulty with that. Now I'm ready to expand my horizons with this skill beyond scarves and blankets and move on to other items (most recently, slippers and hats). I feel the only way I'm going to "move up" my knitting skills is gradually. So, cable stitches it is this month.
So will you join me? What's the one new thing you will learn this month?
2 comments:
Well Kelly, everyone is on the knitting kick. I wonder why? Perhaps we are trying to go back to a time when life was easier and mothers and wives had more time to relax and be content to play with yarn and do all the homemaking things that many of us have so little time for in this era of the working woman.
This is a great idea and is somewhat along the lines of my new goals for the year.
Happy New Year.
Carol
I think you're right Carol. Going back to a time when life was easier would be nice. A few moments of knitting sure can help.
I hope you join me in my years challenge. I look forward to seeing what you've accomplished for yourself. :)
Post a Comment