Well, Christmas has past and it has never failed to be the hectic time of year...
The slipper/socks were a hit! Everyone got a pair and they all fit! They have used them too ~ always a plus! And they keep their feet that much warmer in this cold weather. I've already planned for next year and bought yarn for that project too. I'm going to have to start now to be done by next Christmas I think. A hat, scarf and fingerless mittens set for the kids next year along with whatever I can get them from their lists is what I'm planning. The hat will be the next challenge for me. Going to be looking for that cute/cool pattern with easy instructions soon ~ lol.
The new year is coming fast and the new BJP for 2010 is beginning! I still haven't decided on a size, but I think I'll stick with the same "theme" as last year. "Reflections of Me" proved to be very theraputic for me and since the hubby is still home....I think I need some more of that ~ lol. I'm excited to get into it this year. I thought I could maybe challenge myself a bit by going smaller than a 4 x 4 square. Not as much room to bead all I want, then again, could be just enough. Not too sure yet, but need to make up my mind fast so I can pre-cut all of my pieces (a small mistake made last year ~ lesson learned) and begin.
Well, off to make those decisions and get started on what will prove to be a very busy year of crafting for me.
3 comments:
Hi Kelly
I did 4 x 4 last year and am also going somewhat smaller. I think that I will try NOT to fill the space with beads this year, but enhance with beads. We'll see how that goes. Lots of fiber artists this year so there should be a huge variety of media.
I didn't precut my pieces last year, and that is one thing I am going to do for sure this year!
Happy New Year.
Hi Kelly
I read your post that you cut your sqs 4x4 and wanted your pieces 4x4. If you cut felt, pellon or wool, no problem, you would probably put a back on it after you are done and you can always finish the edges much like you would if you were beading a cab.
If you cut material that would ravel, I would probably go with a smaller sq so you could fold the edges to the back when you are done. Or, unfortunately, you might feel want new sqs. If it were me, if its the ravel material, I'd just go smaller and continue on.
Good Luck.
Carol
I cut my pellon that size, so I guess if I use any material over that, I will cut it bigger. Yes, I will also back the pieces too. I should cut those out, but never know what color I'll choose :).
Thanks so much, I feel more at ease now. Looking forward to this year of the BJP, and seeing all the new pieces people come up with!
Post a Comment