Well, I didn't even think I'd get this one done. It didn't take me long at all....I just had about 20 sequins left to sew on and I had put it away (babysitting kids). As of yesterday when I came accross it, I thought I'd just photograph it as is and post. But, I didn't. Early this morning I stitched the rest on and photographed it. My whole plan by mid June was to get ahead. I was going to crank out July and move on from there. I wanted to get all 6 months finished or almost finished by the time I started school so I wouldn't have more to stress about (I had 2 months). Unfortunately, that never happened. Between getting me all signed up and ready, I had to help my 24 year old daughter do the same. I also had babysitting (which in the summer months is a bit unexpected). I have one week left until I start. I highly doubt I'll be getting 5 more done in that one week....lol... But, I intend to try my best.
I chose to be a little patriotic for July. I knew I wouldn't have time to totally bead the whole piece and found some material I had gotten for something a few years ago. We had just gotten a new flag and this one we could proudly watch blow in the breeze, so I had to do something to that effect. The piece was straight however, when I sewed the material in the one corner, no matter what I did, it wouldn't stay straight. Well, here it is. Enjoy!
Now off to try and figure out this months page!
3 comments:
Very, very nice, and perfect for July! I enjoyed your discourse on patience as well, seems to fit this piece too since it took you awhile to achieve your goal. Good luck with school!
That is *very* cute, Kelly, and so appropriate for July!
FUN!!!! I love the way the wrinkles make it look alive, like it's blowing in the breeze. Bravo to you for finishing it first!
Robin A.
Post a Comment