The 2010 Bead Journal Project (BJP) is about to begin in a matter of weeks! I'm excited for another years journey in beading on fabric. Last year was all new to me and I enjoyed it. I had a few mishaps with falling behind and becoming discouraged, but it was from life itself, not beading.
I have no idea what I'll be doing yet, life in the way again! But, as soon as I get the supplies out and ready ~ hopefully today, I'll be able to figure it out. So many people have joined already and Tuesday seems to be the last day for signing up. One thing I will do differently, is cut all my pieces for the year at the same time. Though I went with a simple 4 x 4 square last year, I noticed they didn't all end up that way, by just enough that they didn't work for my finished project and therefore I did not do one.
On another note...
I decided to learn to knit slippers. Well, I wanted it to be socks. But, when looking at the patterns, slippers seemed a lot easier for me to understand right now and I could guestimate the sizes better. Socks seemed too size specific for me. Once I started, I couldn't seem to stop! So, I've knitted slipper socks for my whole family! Oh boy that took a while! But, when they come for Christmas, everyone will have something to open secret and special! Hope they all fit and they all like them. I started in October and have finished the last pair I needed for Christmas about a week ago. Time to start on some for myself now.
I'm already contemplating what I could knit for next year. Need to learn something new I think....
No comments:
Post a Comment