Friday, August 21, 2009

July 2009 BJP


As June left me feeling more open and free, July left me feeling more closed in and wanting some extra security. This would explain the loose circle going to a tighter, almost crowded crazy circle. The boarders I usually like to have are not complete signifying the loss of security I felt I had in my life (in various areas). Of course I couldn't use any colors but patriotic. It was only fitting.

Our fourth was cold and rainy, but got some great pictures of the family and I, that was one plus. We went on some of those free trips to Chicago and had a BLAST! But under all that fun was a feeling I had that was building up and not going away like I had thought it would. It's just a little issue (regarding our group of friends) and I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, my husband shared my feelings and that really helped! My hours of babysitting were dramatically decreased at the beginning of the month but thankfully increased a bit towards the end. Still no word on when there would be enough work for my husband to go back. The kids were bored and found that 2 of their best friends were going to move away by the end of summer :(. This month like many others had it's good moments and bad. But, I tried to be upbeat no matter what.

2 comments:

Robin said...

This one might be my favorite of all your pieces! I love the spiral, which can be seen as going inward, seeking truth within, OR going outward, letting go. Most of all I love the incomplete borders... I see four open doors here. I know that's not exactly how you intended it... maybe I see "loss of security" as a "gain of freedom?"

Kelly said...

Thanks Robin. You're right, either way you look at it, it's true! So insightful you are...Thanks!