All caught up to August and the Final Page!
August started with the same crazy circle all closed in and found my beading really tightly done. Hmmmm. The beads I chose were a culmination of all the Holiday mixes I'd used previously, Valentines, St. Patrick's, Fourth of July, and then Octobers mix. I thought it kind of fitting to mix them up, since I'm feeling a bit mixed up myself. I beaded and beaded (for many hours today to get caught up!). Finally as I looked at what I was doing and eye started to form. (Funny how these things work out.) I was originally going to crazy circle the whole thing and make my boarder and be done, but then this. It's perfect! Best to do your project in the month it is "due", huh?
Anyhow, it's perfect because I've come to many realizations this month. I won't bore you with all of them, but some of the highlights include: Realizing who is important in my life. Friends, yes, they are, but they come and go, they get caught up in their own lives and most don't want to hear about you (ever), Family time can be unexpectedly fun! Sometimes family can be a wolf in sheep's clothing, organization can help lift you up in ways you never thought possible, and the most important....
Looking back at all my work I've done over the months and reading what I wrote about them. It's been an eye opening experience I'd only read about before starting. Until you actually do it, you can't understand. I read every blog post and looked at every picture posted before I decided to sign up. I thought, "OK, I don't get how you see this stuff. How will it open my eyes to do this every month? But OK, I'll do it just because it looks fun." Yes, well, it did open my eyes to a lot about myself. And others. We all do our own little pages and it all has a meaning to us, all different, but the same. Even if we've never talked or commented on each others projects, we're all connected. That's huge! I've learned new things for myself, from myself, from every post I've read, and from every comment I've gotten. Thank you all!
This years journey has been "All about me". And I've learned so much and had the best time doing it. Onward and upward to next year! Oh wait....what to do with all my finished pieces? Not sure yet, my first idea didn't work out. So, back to the drawing board to try again. You'll have to wait to see. Soon!
Thank you for looking!
6 comments:
Oooooh, very good... Eye see! Oh my goodness, isn't it fabulous when something starts to form and you begin to see (I call it "deep seeing") where you are at a given moment? Ah-ha, moment, isn't it?! This is so great!
These are all fun pieces, Kelly. I really enjoyed your descriptions of what led to each of them.
Kathy V in NM
o yeah, very very good! I really love all your pages. Yep, deep seeing like Robin said, you can discover all sorts of things that you may or may not want to know about yourself! great job Kelly! looking foward to SEEING you next year!
Hi Kelly.
I could have posted your post commentary. It is exactly what I have found in this project.
Sometimes, we don't realize the difference between "friends" and "acquaintances". Usually its the acquaintances that don't have time or the desire to be true FRIENDS. I am at this point in my life because my FRIENDS have passed on and I have no woman to discuss all those important issues with except my closest Cyber Friend Deb. I am becomeing friends with some cyber acquaintances, but Deb and I actually talk on the phone everyday..Indiana to Southern Cal. Amazing isn't it?
I am so glad that you are continuing next year. I am addicted to it.
Just been looking at your complete 12 pages and what a journey it has been. The beginning and end seem light years apart, a real journey in exploration. Well done!
Thank you for the great comments. This year has come full circle for me, in a sense.
Can't wait for next year. I think I'll keep doing one every month until it starts ~ just because!
Post a Comment