Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Special Beaded Sculpture to share

This is the gift my oldest daughter made for me for Christmas!! I love it!
She had made one for my mother with red beads (not my purple). I am so proud of her. She is not all that into crafts, but I realized that is slowly changing thanks to her friend who really is (the very same friend who got me so into beading years ago).
My mom's tree took her two weeks to make and she had told me there was NO WAY she'd make another ~ too time consuming. I suggested she get a bead spinner to save tons of time, and she evidently did becasue I got my tree too! She said it took her two days. Maybe someday I'll have the time to learn to do this too.



In the background you can barely see that the foot of snow that had built up this month all melted yesterday and we woke to a slight dusting of the white stuff.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your tree is really beautiful. I always wanted to make one, but never got around to it.

I had to laugh at you mentioning that your daughter is not too crafty. Mine never was either. I crochet, sew, cross stitch and bead. She always hated to go to the "craft" store with me. Now (at 34) she has made the kids amazing halloween costumes with NO pattern and has sold re-constructed clothes on e-bay.

My legacy.