Saturday, April 12, 2008

Simple Things to Keep you Motivated and Productive

Whether you've been in business for months or years, I'm sure you've had days when it all seems to be too much. Days when you question why you are in business. We all have. It must go with the territory. There are ways to deal with times like these.

  • First, remember why you wanted and started your business to begin with.
  • Stay focused on the why and know where you want to go.
  • Take a break once in a while. If an hour or two is not enough to get you motivated, try a day. Take this time to reflect on all the time and energy you've already put into building what you have. Go for a walk, start a journal, read a good book, listen to relaxing music. Anything not work related.
  • Start a journal. This is a great way to let things go and be able to move forward.
  • Create something. Create anything. Try something totally new. Make something totally ugly. Make something for no reason at all. Just create.
  • Remain positive. Always! Things that have gotten you down, you'll need to turn around or let go of. Things will get better.
  • Know that all good things take time, hard work and dedication.

Sometimes being and staying motivated and productive is difficult. What works best for you?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Great advice, they are the guide lines I work by to stay motivated, focused and making! I find things to do list help me too, I can jo down thngs I want to do and get a buzz from scoring them off as I go.